The Office of the State Attorney General is offering presentations on topics aimed toward our elderly community to honor Older Americans Month in the month of May. Our Savvy Seniors presentation touches on different scams and identity theft, how to protect yourself, and how to seek remedy if you do fall victim. Additionally, the Competitive Electric Supply training explains how to properly evaluate your electric bill and avoid potentially deceptive sales tactics. Gain the tools and knowledge to protect yourself from scams, save money, and utilize our office’s resources if you have already been affected.
You can sign up for any of the following presentations and stay tuned for more – register using our Eventbrite and selecting the respective date.
- Workers’ Rights and Earned Sick Time – Monday, May 4th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- AGO COVID-19 Assistance to Immigrants (English) – Wednesday, May 6th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- AGO COVID-19 Assistance to Immigrants (Spanish) – Wednesday, May 6th 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Landlord/Tenant Rights and Responsibilities – Thursday, May 7th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Savvy Seniors – Monday, May 11th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Civil Rights Webinar – Tuesday, May 12th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Savvy Seniors (Spanish) – Wednesday, May 13th 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Competitive Electric Supply Webinar – Thursday, May 14th 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
For more information, please contact Allyson Lowitz, Program Assistant, Community Engagement Division, Executive Bureau, Office of the Attorney General Maura Healey
One Ashburton Place, 20th Floor
Connect with the AG’s office at www.mass.gov/community-engagement
Published: May 1st, 2020