The Saugus Public Library building remains closed to patrons at the present time. However, we now offer a new service, Front Door Pickup of books, CDs, movies, and video games to our patrons. Patrons will be able to request Saugus items by placing them on hold through the online catalog.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the online library catalog and login in using your library card number and password
- Place holds on titles you want. Remember – it’s best to request items marked “available” and on-hand at the Saugus Public Library! There will likely be a considerable delay for items not available or at other libraries.
- You will receive an email (or a phone call) when your items are ready to be picked up.
- Call us at 781-231-4168, ext. 3102 to schedule a pick up date. Pickup dates are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Come to the Central Street entrance on the appointed date between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm, and wait outside the doors for your turn. Tell us your name. A staff member will place your items on the delivery table.
- You will be allowed into the foyer to pick them up. Please be sure to wear a mask when you enter the foyer. If you have items to return, you may either use the drop slot to the left of the door or place them in the bin provided inside the door when it is your turn. When you have retrieved and/or returned your items, exit back out through the Central Street door.
To guarantee everyone’s safety:
– All returned items will be quarantined for 4 days (96 hours) before they are handled by staff.
– Staff and patrons must wear masks.
– Please observe good social distancing habits by standing at least 6 feet apart while in line on the Central Street sidewalk and by waiting outside the door for your items to be placed on the table before you enter the foyer.
If you’re unable to access the internet, you may call the Library (at 781-231-4168, ext. 3102) to place holds on up to 3 items. When you call, please provide the following information:
- your name
- your phone number
- your library card number
- the titles and authors of up to three (3) items you wish to borrow.
We will call you or send an email to tell you when the items are available and to schedule a pickup date. Pickup dates are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
We are sorry, but we cannot guarantee same-day pickup service at this time. You must place your items on hold and wait to be contacted that they are available, then call us to schedule a pickup date.
Published: June 26th, 2020